Sunday, August 17, 2008

Countdown to Fan Expo 2008 - DAY 5

BRENT SPINER IS HUGE IN JAPAN. This makes a lot of sense, in that lots of things you wouldn't think are huge in Japan, in fact, are.

The photo is of our friend Data on a Japanese interview in 1995. It's from a Japanese fan site that has more pictures of Brent Spiner than I have ever seen. Seriously, check it out. It's pretty fantastic.

As we've mentioned several times now, Mr. Spiner is going to be at Fan Expo. If we can manage to sneak away from our home in BOOTH A71, we will attempt to get a picture of Brent with Miko and Mantari. I can hear it now, in the inquisitive Data voice: "Curious."

We Are Wedges were big Star Trek TNG geeks. We even read the books. We read The Boogeymen. Of course we read Imzadi. We even read Vendetta (The Giant Novel!) Somewhere in our parent's attic, we have a big plastic 1701-D with the 4 built in noises (photon torpedoes, phasers, impulse drone, and warp drive spinup!)

Biggest. Geeks. Ever.

See you next week, Brent!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'm going to the expo too, i'm so excited and I'll be seeing him..2nd time this year..in fact 2nd time in my life so I'm ecstatic!